The Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) provides federal funds to assist individuals and families to quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness. ESG funds five program components:
- Street outreach
- Emergency shelter
- Homelessness prevention
- Rapid re-housing assistance
- Data collection via Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
Notice of Funding Availability: CDBG Public Services and ESG
The application period for Program Year 2020 CDBG Public Services and ESG funding is open as of February 24, 2020. The application will be due in Neighborly Software by Midnight on March 20, 2020.
All applications are reviewed by City staff to determine eligibility, completeness, and assess risk. After each application is reviewed by City staff, the application will be reviewed and ranked by an external review panel. Applications will be rated using a numerical scoring process that considers the project’s overall benefit to the community, agency experience, and cost reasonableness. The funding year is April 1st 2020 to March 31st 2021. Applicants will be notified of their status by end of April 2020.
ESG Written Standards
The City of Colorado Springs has developed written standards for providing assistance with Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) funds. These standards were created in coordination with the Pikes Peak Continuum of Care (PPCoC) which includes nonprofit and for profit homeless service providers inclusive of health, mental health, and substance abuse providers, local, state and federal government representatives, businesses and corporations, philanthropic organizations and individuals, and persons currently or having formerly experienced homelessness within the CoC geographic area. These written standards are subject to periodic updates.
- A. HUD Definition of Homelessness
- B. HUD Definition for at Risk of Homelessness
- C. (1) Homeless Certification by HUD Definition for Homeless
- C. (2) At Risk of Homelessness Certification
- D. "But For Certification"
- E. CMS Consent and Release
- F. CMS Client Information Disclosure
- G. Self Declaration of Income
- H. Housing Stabilization Plan
- I. Rent Reasonableness Checklist
- J. (1) Shelter Standards
- J. (2) Housing Standards
- K. ESG Rental Assistance Agreement
- L. Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-housing Recordkeeping Requirements
- M. LBP Evaluation Checklist