Spring 2021 Service Changes
- View Final Spring 2021 Service Changes
- Route Extension – Route 36: Route 36 will be extended westward from the Ruxton Avenue roundabout to the Serpentine Drive roundabout. Note: The route 36 extension to the Serpentine Drive roundabout was originally scheduled to be implemented on April 25, 2021. Due to continued roadwork in the area, the route extension will be delayed until reconstruction of Manitou Avenue is complete. Tentative start date: August 1, 2021.
- New Route – Express Route 37: An express route from the Academy Blvd and Astrozon Blvd Super Stop area to Peak Innovation Park (Amazon) and COS Airport. Note: Route was originally scheduled to begin June 6, 2021, but will be delayed to accommodate construction of the Amazon sorting and distribution center. Implementation: June 13, 2021
- Route 33 reduced operating hours in the off-season: Off-season service (January to late April, and late September through December) will end at 6:00 p.m. Seasonal service will continue to operate until 8:00 p.m. Implementation: September 26, 2021
- Route 33 Proposed Service Reduction – The proposed elimination of the second Route 33 bus during the peak season on Saturdays and Sundays will NOT be implemented. The City of Colorado Springs has agreed to fund this for 2021.
This service change will be delayed until local COVID conditions improve and PPCC resumes more in-person classes.
- Revisions to Rt. 40, Voyager Pkwy-PPCC Rampart:
- Extend Rt. 40 north to PPCC’s Healthcare Education and Simulation Campus (CHES)
- Operates only when Pikes Peak Community College classes are in session during Fall and Spring semesters
- Reduces hours of operation from 12 hours a day to 10 hours a day
- Start date - To Be Determined