Colorado Springs is a city that celebrates special events. From major conventions and international sporting events to community based festivals, parades and athletic activities, the City of Colorado Springs is proud to host hundreds of events each year.
How to Get Started
- For complete information about planning your special event in Colorado Springs, please download our Special Event Planning Guide.
- Does your event take place ONLY within a City Park or on a City Trail and have NO road closures or alcohol?
- If yes, request a Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services special event permit application
- Does your event require street closures, have alcohol and/or take place in a public location?
- If yes, request a City-wide special event application
- Is your event a private outdoor fee-based activity or service which takes place in a city park?
Documents You May Need
By hosting a Special event, you may need to review or obtain additional permits. The Office of Special Events will help you determine which ones you need.
- ADA Planning Guide
- Alcohol Policy and Application for Parks
- Cooking and LPG Use Worksheet
- Fee Matrix
- Fee Reduction Policy
- Fireworks and Pyrotechnics Permit
- Inflatable Attraction Guidelines
- Medical Resource Matrix
- Noise Hardship Permit
- Open Burning Permit
- Revocable Permit (Surface Revocable Permit)
- Special Event Liquor Permit
- Temporary Sale Tax License
- Temporary Land Use Permit
- Tent and Canopy Permit
- CITY CODE and ORDINANCES
- Film Permits
Event Planning Timeline
|Task||Time Prior to the Event|
|Completed and submitted permit application, application fee and deposit||
30 days prior for park
90 days prior for city-wide
|Required plans for permit type (i.e. traffic control, parking/shuttle, medical, mitigation, emergency, police/security, waste management)||30-90 days|
|Certificate of insurance (naming the City of Colorado Springs as additionally insured)||30 days|
|Noise hardship permit||30 days|
|Specialty permits (i.e. fireworks,/pyrotechnics, open burning, temporary LPG use, temporary membrane/tent/structure||30 days|
|Temporary tax license||30 days|
|Vendor listing||30 days|
|Peddler's license||30 days|
|Health Department inspection||TBD|
|park permission to serve alcohol application||90 days|
|Special event liquor permit||30 days|
|Revocable permit||30 days|
|Mitigation of impact||21 days|
|Site walk-though||10 days|
Additional Contact Information
This listing is provided for event organizers that may need to directly contact outside agencies or City departments for questions or additional information regarding their special event.
|Colorado Springs Utilities||719-668-3835||www.csu.org|
|El Paso County
|Office of Special Eventsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Division of the Fire Marshal||719-385-7362||Steven.Smith@coloradosprings.gov|
|Fire - Medical Divisionemail@example.com|
|City Sales Taxfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Land Use Review||719-385-5396||Matthew.Fitzsimmons@coloradosprings.gov|
Office of Special Events
1401 Recreation Way
Colorado Springs, CO 80905