Over the past two years, more than 70 schools from eight school districts have transformed their track and field days into Olympic Day Field Days, impacting more than 14,000 students. Olympic Day Field Days give physical education teachers the opportunity to connect their students to something greater than sport. It gives them the opportunity to focus on values that connect us, and values that are a part of what makes us Olympic City USA. Just as the athletes who live and train among us inspire us to excel at what we do, model friendship to other countries and beliefs, and respect their bodies and competitors in the field of play, Olympic Days revolve around the three U.S. Olympic values of Excellence, Friendship and Respect.
How It Works
- Sign up to host an official 2020 Olympic Day event here to receive official Olympic Day materials, including a flag, stickers and event ideas.
- The City of Colorado Springs works with P.E. teachers to deliver Olympic City USA stickers for students, two award certificates, and the possibility of a Team USA athlete appearance on or leading up to their Olympic Day Field Day.
- The certificates will be given to one boy and one girl in 4th or 5th grade who have best embodied the U.S. Olympic values of Excellence, Friendship and Respect throughout the year.
- A rubric will be given to P.E. teachers to help define and determine the students that best fit these values.
- These students and their parents, as well as their P.E. teacher, will be invited to a behind-the-scenes VIP tour of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center, where Team USA athletes will be tour guides and participants will be given a look into the science and technology that propels Team USA athletes to victory.
Sign-up or request more information
Essay & Art Contests
We are now accepting essay and art submissions from middle school students, grades 6-8, who live in El Paso County and can tell us what it means to live in Olympic City USA!