SHORT TERM RENTAL (30 DAYS OR LESS) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
This checklist and all required associated documents shall be submitted via our electronic submittal system. The applicant shall notify staff within 3 days in the event of changes:
- Completed Short Term Rental Checklist and Owner Acknowledgment (4 pages)
- Proof of primary residence – this can be satisfied by providing two of the following: valid driver’s license or State I.D. Card, valid vehicle registration, voter registration, dependent’s school registration. Mail does not count as proof of residency. City Staff reserves the right to ask for additional proof of residency upon request.
- $119 permit fee. The fee shall be paid via cash, credit card or electronic check.
- Signed Short Term Rental Affidavit
- Proof of at least $500,000 in liability insurance (Proof can be provided by hosting platform contract acknowledging insurance coverage through the platform i.e. AirBnb/VRBO, policy information, or other documentation)
- Proof of listing on hosting platform i.e. AirBnB/VRBO (emailed link or screenshot)
- The Planning & Community Development Department may require additional information for this application as needed.
If you are listing two (2) separate units on a property (e.g. unit in your back yard, and a room within your house) you will need two (2) separate permits and will need to pay two (2) separate permit fees.
In the permitting of the short term rental permit, the Manager, Planning Commission or City Council shall have authority to require such reasonable conditions as necessary to protect the public health, safety and general welfare and to ensure that the use, value and qualities of the neighborhood surrounding the proposed location will not be adversely affected.