The Office of the Chief of Police consists of the Chief of Police, Patrol Bureau Deputy Chief, Operations Support Bureau Deputy Chief, and their administrative staff.
The Office is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the CSPD's more than 900 sworn and civilian staff. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic direction and planning
- Resource and manpower allocations
- Liaison with other city departments and law enforcement agencies
- Participation in various community and citizen groups
- Collaboration and planning with the local military community
The Chief of Police is appointed to the position by the Mayor of Colorado Springs and reports directly to the Mayor's Office. The Deputy Chiefs are selected by the Chief.