WHAT CAN I EXPECT THROUGH THE HIRING PROCESS AS AN OUT OF STATE CANDIDATE?
- Applications are submitted electronically online. The computer automatically screens applications to see if an applicant meets minimum qualifications and determines eligibility, based on how the supplemental questions were answered. The supplemental questions are based on automatic disqualifiers.
- Applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be emailed the link for the written examination.
- The written examination will be taken on a computer. Candidates will be notified if they pass the written examination within 48 hours. Candidates that pass the written examination (with a 69% or higher) will be invited to the oral interview. Oral interviews will be conducted online using a video-based software. Candidates will have five (5) days to record and submit their video-based interview.
- After all applicants have completed testing, candidates will be banded based on their total score. The total score consists of the candidate’s written test scores and oral interview scores. The written is worth 30% and the oral board is worth 70% of the total score.
- For bands that are selected to continue in the process, the candidate will be sent instructions on how to electronically submit a Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ), an in processing form and any additional supporting documents for screening.
- If after the screening a candidate meets minimum qualifications and does not have any disqualifying behaviors, a Conditional Offer of Employment is extended.
- Candidates will also be required to submit official transcripts for all colleges attended, Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) (if applicable) and copies of required personal documentation.
- Out of State Applicants will be required to travel to Colorado Springs, CO for three days. During these three days, candidates will:
- Attend a meeting to take the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI), the 16 PF exam and be fingerprinted.
- Have a Polygraph, a Psychological Interview, interview with a background investigator and a medical screening.
- If an applicant completes these steps, their files are presented to a Selection Committee for review and hiring decisions are made.
- If selected, applicants will be contacted personally by CSPD Human Resources and receive a final offer of employment contingent on successful completion of a medical evaluation and passing each component of the Physical Readiness Test.
Note: Hiring process is subject to change. Travel for the testing and background process is at the expense of the candidate.